Enter the Crys-Rock

Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 | Vystavil Vlasta | Štítky: , ,

A new rock monster appeared today. A big one. I have encountered it right in the beginning of the day and it did beat me. I was only able to hit it once. Nevermind.

Spoiler: I have managed to beat crys-rock the day after. Today I just found a couple of ways how not to do it.

I went for the barrels beaten up with 1 hp and it was horrible. Two explosions and 2 mimics in the booze square -> no booze for me. I spent there a total of 12 turns and collected few bottles and encountered couple more explosions. I am never going to adventure at the barrels with 1hp anymore.

I was looking for the white citadel for a couple of adventures, but no progress and once I reached level 9 I did the leaflet quest and found the trophy on the fireplace - another letdown.

I got the zapping wand and tried to zap the parrot into pants, but got an eyepatch. What else. In the cove, I got the swashbuckling pants and bought the dictionary. Adventuring in the chasm with a hair spray and a +mox weapon, using the dictionary was not hard. Eventually, I encountered another crys-rock and better ran away. The scrolls eventually came and the quest was over.

After that I went to Barrrney's and was using the insult book on pirates. The non-combat adventures there were giving nice stat boosts and since I did not have any good booze, I drank at the bar. Eventually, I played the beer pong and got access to F'c'le.

After a couple more adventures at the bar, I decided to kick some butts. Some seals' and crys-rock butts. Seal clubbing time!

With 4 reagent potions I got muscle to 230 and moxie to 205 (hitpoints to 350+), bought load of candles and seal figurines (2 ancient, 1 armored) and commenced seal clubbing. The hermetic seals were easy and left 2 powdered seal bones. Then I smashed the armored seal, but the seal-iron did not drop. Damned infernal seals! 1500 meat lost in one second. Continued with 2 navy seals, and again, I got nothing, even with a fairy familiar. Such a waste!

While buffed I went after the crys-rock. And got beaten up. I managed to land a few hits (thrust-smack), but not enough. It was hitting me repeatedly for 40 HP and that was it. Not good at all. Evidently, this monster is scaling to buffed stats and I have no chance to beat it this way. Next time (if it appears tomorrow), I should probably concentrate on equipment that does not boost stats, but HP and weapon damage directly and raw power. I bought the Thrust-smack skill before my butt-kicking show today and I should definitely get a two-handed club for the crys-rock fight tomorrow.

By the end of the day, I collected a knob-goblin lunch box and farmed a viking helmet, hill of beans, but no clown skin for the Nemesis quest.

My mushroom field is full with spores and I expect to get my flaming mushroom and familiar tomorrow.

Floaty sand prices have fallen under 7000 for a while and rock lobsters have risen to 50000/70000 meat. This is due to the crys-rock drops, I presume. Prices should go up again, once it is clear if the crys-rock is a one time event (or one per day?). Sand has already begun to rise to yesterdays levels - it should, because there are now more sand-consuming craftable items.

Final stats:
Level: 9
Muscle: 81
Mysticality: 60
Moxie: 60
Days played this run: 7

Tomorrow, I should start adventuring in the haunted gallery and also crush the crys-rock. I should probably try again to get the seal-iron and hence the 2-handed club before that fight, but it is costly and I am low on meat. I'll probably first try a non-traditional equipment and eventually call the infernal seals later.

0 komentářů:

Post a Comment