An adventurer is me

Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2009 | Vystavil Vlasta | Štítky:

I have been playing KoL (Kingdom of Loathing) for a couple of months now and it just keeps getting better. Who would expect that hacking unreal monsters in my browser can be entertaining for so long...

Anyway, why not blog about it? It will be fun to read this blog after a couple of years and since I'll be documenting my accomplishments day by day, it may also be a good guide for KoL newbies (and yes, I still consider myself a newbie).

History



Since I have been playing for 115 days now, I'll summarize my accomplishments so far.

My initial character was a Pastamancer. I knew nothing about KoL then and it took me 67 days to ascend, the KoL wiki was a great help when I realized the game was too tough. I permed the Pastamestery skill, but since I jumped directly into hardcore, I had no chance to use it since then.

After my first ascension, I chose to play as the Disco Bandit. Playing a moxie class was much easier and I managed to beat the Naughty Sorceress in 21 days. I played with a muscle moon sign and I had to wait for my first black mushrooms to mature before ascending again. I spend that extra time hunting ducks and grabbing handfuls of sand on the desert and built and sold a sand castle. Advanced Coctailcrafting was my first hardcore permanent skill.

Since the next skill I wanted was Torso Awaregness, I was free to choose any class I wanted. I know that this skill is not something veteran KoL players would recommend to get so soon, but I just liked it. Hence I became an Accordion Thief for 18 days. I wanted to do this run as fast as possible and AT seemed a good choice. It probably was, but for some reason I did really liked more the Disco Bandit. I guess it was due to AT's lack of healing skills.

After my third ascension, I decided to improve my cooking skills and became a Sauceror. You may think that I like magic more than might. And you would be right. I just can't help myself even if I expected having trouble beating the Naughty Sorceress. We'll see.

Today



Class: Sauceror
Level: 9 - Basillusionist
Muscle: 66 (2nd muscle day was today)
Mysticality: 80
Moxie: 57
Days in this run: 8

Something is happening in the land of KoL. Rock monsters are appearing and leaving strange floating sand behind. The prices of floating sand in the mall are outrageous (27000 meat was the cheapest toady). Initially I wanted to ascend as fast as possible, but for a poor player like me, it would make sense to farm a bit of floating sand and make some meat.

0 komentářů:

Post a Comment