Almost there

Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 | Vystavil Vlasta | Štítky: , ,

Finishing the L12 quest was trivial. Then I had to return to the L11. I ate the high-level war rations, but I missed my semi-rare due to the irritating hidden city.

I had the quests finished and had 50 adventures left when the lair opened. If I had the pixels, things would be great. But I don't.

The lair:
Gate of Humility - fine
Gate of Mystery - 200 meat
Gate that is Not a Gate - had to experiment, but being on Teetotaler path has this one advantage that I do not need to fear the alcohol potion.

Pixels... 23 adventures (one adventure wasted - I forgot to remove teleportitis).
25 adventures left - all I need is luck ;-).

Hedge maze... 7 adventures
20 adventures left

The tower
Tyrannosaurus Tex - damn! I used my only butterfly in the farm - 5 adventures
endangered inflatable white tiger - 1 adventure
giant fried egg - 4 adventures (+2 clovers)
concert pianist - 1 adventure
Big Meat Golem - 1 adventure
Enraged Cow - 1 adventure

The shadow
I lost the first time despite using +100% potion. With no red pixel potions, this fight is tricky.

The familiars - as usual using pet buffing spray and sugar shield.

OK, I am in the chamber, having 4 adventures left. My low health is a risk, but with a bit of luck...

Try #1 - I almost made it. The first form went down after one critical spell hit and I managed to land 2 spells on the second form. If I had the kickback cookbook, this could have been a victory.
Try #2 - bad. The first form blocked a lot and I beat it with 20 HP left.
Try #3 - similar to try #2. I hope the block rate gets down I I get finally lucky. But I guess I'd rather buy the kickback cookbook. Or...I'll try a shield.
Try #4 - block rate was down and I made it (using shield). My first Teetotaler run. Hooray!

Stats when fighting NS:
Class: Sauceror
Level: 13
Muscle: 130 (96)
Mysticality: 199 (151 without equipment)
Moxie: 155 (96)
Max HP: 182 (Low HP is killing me, I'll have to do something about that soon)

Equipment:
sugar chapeau
tuxedo shirt
Staff of the Soupbone
wicker shield
sugar shorts
Iron Beta of Industry
tap shoes
bejeweled pledge pin

Familiar:
Kruger, the Misshapen Animal Skeleton with sugar shield

Run length: 11 days, 1332 adventures. I actually made it to top 100 for HCT Sauceror ascensions. And if you are interested, I am #1 for HCT Sauceror under Blender sign - because no one plays that combination. If you wonder why I picked that, it is due to the gnome skills I'll use in aftercore.

So, now I can drink and finally collect a bounty and play with my new toy - the little box of fireworks - in aftercore. Too bad I do not have enough meat for a Bag o' Tricks.

Uh, I overdrunk. I am not used to not having liver of steel. Damned bounty. Oh, well, tomorrow then.

Crimbo 2009: I got 12941 meat yesterday. I thought both actions will be failures and people would end in the mall. That did not happen, but the meat is still good.

0 komentářů:

Post a Comment