Tower falls

Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2010 | Vystavil Vlasta | Štítky: , , , ,

[1378-1380] The Hatching Chamber - got 1st gland.

[1381-1384] The Feeding Chamber - got 2nd gland.

[1385-1386] The Royal Guard Chamber - got last gland. With 2 adventures here yesterday, it took 11 adventures to get the 3 glands. With 134% item drop, it is an slightly better than expected.

[1387] The Filthworm Queen's Chamber.

Bought Spirit of Ravioli.
Cooked and ate Sneaky Pete's key lime pie.

[1388-1446] The Battlefield (Frat Uniform) - encountered Glass of Orange Juice and got the orange peel hat. Nice, but currently useless.

I was using fairy and got 80 quarters from the windchimes and beads. There is also a lot of stuff to pulverize after breaking the prism (traveling trader is here today and this makes me want to break the prism today even more).

2300 substats left to level 13. And I need to kill the Big Wisniewski. That is not going to be easy. Delivering withstanding massive amount of damage. I'll need ~9 casts of fearful fettucini or ~7 casts of Weapon of the Pastalord if I bought it. Things would be easier with the Man. I can try buying some superamplified boom boxes to bring him down to a better manageable level. Or play is save with the pirate juice. I have 18 adventures until semi-rare and I still need to level up.

[1447-1454] The Haunted Conservatory - looking for potato but got none.

[1455-1464] The Haunted Wine Cellar - getting great wines and almost completing bounty.

[1465] Collected irradiated pet snacks. Considering the trouble with the potato and that I do not have an agry goat, I guess, +10 fam weight boost will save more.

[1466-1467] The Haunted Wine Cellar - bounty completed.

[1468-1480] The Haunted Ballroom - turning +5NC back on. Got 2x worn tophat and 2x dancecard.

[1481-1513] The Haunted Bathroom - leveling up. 58 substats to level 13.

[1514] The Haunted Ballroom - Matilda.

[1515] Hippy Camp - Big Wisniewski down, reached level 13. I used 7 superamplified boom boxes and then noodles and fearful fettucini. Less would probably suffice. Thinking about it, I forgot to use Hella Smooth.

Hmmmm... I have 3 adventures, 7 fullness and 5 drunkenness left. Things are looking grim.

Gates: I need adder bladder, tamarind-flavored chewing gum and potion of mental acuity. Fortunately, I have the first 2. I have 6 of the 9 ! potions, none of them identified and none of the 2x.

I say - take the risk. Bingo! 2nd potion I tried was the right one (1st one gave me teleportitis, but that is no problem). The hope lives. I am behind the gates.

Perpexing door - skeleton key cost me a lot of MP. I decided to be greedy and not to buy Cocoon.

[1516-1520] The Sorceress' Courtyard - 5 adventures is not too bad.

The tower, ouch.
[1520] Tower floor 1 - possessed pipe-organ - this is really bad, used green smoke bomb. Powdered organs are tricky - 1/3 chance to encounter the right monster, 30% item drop and then <50% to get them. No zapping :-(. Untinkering meat engine, building 4-d camera.

[1520] The Middle Chamber - good luck. Got the servant, the jar and the organs. Too bad, I wasted a 4-d camera, but the chances were low.

[1521] Tower floor 1 - possessed pipe-organ again.

[1522] Tower floor 2 - giant fried egg - I am ready for you (yesterday's lucky zap).

[1523] Tower floor 3 - Bronze Chef - damn, using my last green smoke bomb.

[1523-1530] The Haunted Kitchen - bad luck, delayed by a bad moon adventure and a pastamancer adventure as well.

[1531] Tower floor 3 - Bronze Chef again.

[1532] Tower floor 4 - darkness.

[1533] Tower floor 5 - endangered inflatable white tiger

[1534] Tower floor 6 - giant bee.

Shadow - 1 scented massage oil + 2 gauze garters.

1st familiar: potato - need barrrnacle.

Brother Corsican's Blessing

[1536-1545] The Cake-Shaped Arena - hoped for lead necklace, but got sucky decal.

2nd familiar: giant mosquito - need sabre-toothed lime. Good. If I could have saved 10 adventures by using irradiated pet snacks before, but the risk was too high.

And now for the final task. Eating my final meal - Sneaky Pete's key lime pie. 20 adventures remaining. Fullness and drunkenness at maximum.

Using dance card to collect moxie after 3 loses to NS.

Going in to try her defenses and lower the block rate. And guess what...I won. Unbelievably good luck. In all my previous runs, the block rate was simply too high to succeed and I had better equipment. Not this time. I even ran out of MP at the end of the combat, because I did not bother to go in with full MP. In total:
1st form: 1x noodles, 2x fearful fettucini doing ~230 damage per hit
2nd form: 1x noodles, 2x fearful fettucini, 1x canelloni cannon, 1x super-amplified boombox (+ some blocked spells)
She was hitting for 40-50 HP, and I was left with <50 HP at the end of the combat.

Stats when fighting:
Muscle: 110 (94) ~240 HP
Mysticality: 175 (149)
Moxie: 117 (101)

Equipment when fighting NS:
reinforced beaded headband
bronze breastplate
Staff of the Black Kettle
kickback cookbook
bullet-proof corduroys
bejeweled pledge pin
Nickel Gamma of Frugality
pirate fledges

Familiar: 10 pound barrnacle with sucky decal

Total length: 11 days, 1546 adventures. I am happy with this result.

Now, let's play traveling trader and with BRICKO.

Bad moon aftercore is not that cool, so I ascended once more to make use of the BM reward in another Pastamancer run. I permed Leash of Linguini.

The new run went OK, I managed to make 2 gourd potions and collect a bounty in the Haunted pantry. Then I cleaned the tavern and built the basic chefstaff - 2-3 MP regeneration and +20% spell strength is nice.

I had enough max. MP to drink with Ode to Booze and adventure gains were good. I even managed to collect a oxy-dropped semi-rare.

Hermit had 3 clovers today and so I got them.

Finally, I found Fernwarthy's grave (that took a long time) and then exchanged clover for a brain and made a meat maid.

Final stats:
Class: Pastamancer
Level: 5
Muscle: 13
Mysticality: 20
Moxie: 13
Days played this run: 1

Tomorrow, I should build EW and in-boxes. Getting steel margarita would be good as well. The Brimstone Brooch should be fun. Though, I might need Springy Fussily to compensate the moxie penalty.

0 komentářů:

Post a Comment